North South Supply, Inc.,a family owned wholesale irrigation and well supply distributor with 7 locations throughout central Florida, is looking for a Manager for our Umatilla, FL location. This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the branch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and participates in the sales transactions of the branch, including counter and phone sales as well as arranging product delivery.
- Ensures the security and proper utilization of all branch assets, including inventory, equipment and facility.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate sales and cash transactions, ensure customer invoices are accurate and timely.
- Oversees all operational functions of the branch, including product transfers and inventory control.
- Responsible for branch performance by meeting and exceeding sales goals and maintain expense ratios.
- Occasional site visits may be required as well as cold calls to potential customers.
- Implement process change in order to improve operational efficiencies.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years’ experience in the green distribution, irrigation, nursery and/or landscape industry.
- Experience managing a wholesale/retail sales branch which includes leadership, issue management, motivation and/or team building is preferred.
- Solid inventory management skills along with a basic understanding of accounting fundamentals.
- Understanding of sales and operations planning process.
- Must be self-directed and motivated.
- Strong communication skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
- The ability to lift 80 lbs. on a regular basis
- Retirement with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Available
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays